We're open for business
... and we are making changes due to Covid 19
What we are doing & why:
In response to the COVID-19 national health emergency crisis, and in accordance with Government Guidance in relation to the Return to Work Safety Protocol, we have to move away from the historical gym membership system to a new credit-based system until the COVID-19 Pandemic has passed. We have split each day into 1-hour slots, with 15 minutes between each slot, to facilitate cleaning and the member changeover. You will now be required to book your training slots using the new Platinum Gyms App and details about opening hours will also be available on the App.
The reasons for this move are:
- It is necessary for us to restrict the number of people attending the gym at any given time, and this can only be done efficiently and effectively using a booking App.
- A credit-based system will mean that you only pay for the actual number of visits you make to the gym, and your membership does not [run/waste] where you cannot book into your preferred slot.
- We cannot guarantee that you will be able to book into your preferred slot each day and we believe it is therefore unfair for you to waste membership if you cannot book into a suitable slot.
- This system will facilitate contact tracing in the event of a further outbreak of COVID-19. We will have a detailed record of who attended the gym, at what time, and who they came into contact with. This is a requirement of the Return to Work Safety Protocol.
What does this mean for your existing membership?
1. Direct Debit Customers
Direct debit customers will have to convert the value of their outstanding membership as of 12 March 2020 to credits.
Malahide direct debit members: Your last payment was on 1 March 2020, leaving 19 days to 31 March when we closed on 12 March. This equates 63% of the value of your direct debit payment amount which will be converted to credits based on the amount you paid monthly.
Balbriggan direct debit members: Your last payment was on 15 March 2020, leaving 100% of the value of your direct debit payment which will be converted to credits, based on the amount you paid monthly.
2. Paid upfront members
Members that paid upfront have two options:
You can convert the value of the balance of your membership to credits, or
You can leave your membership paused until such time that we return to the original membership-based system. In the meantime, you will have to purchase credits to access the gym.
How are outstanding memberships converted to gym credits?
Credits are calculated based on the value of your membership outstanding when the gyms closed on 12 March 2020 and the conversion rates are as follows:
- Direct debit, 1 and 3 month memberships: One credit is awarded for every €3 remaining on your membership.
- 6 and 12 month memberships: One credit is awarded for every €2 remaining on your membership.
Important notes regarding your credits:
- Expiry date: When you convert your balance to credits you will be given the same amount of time to use your credits as per the term of the original membership package you acquired. For example, if you bought a one month package you will be given one month to use your credits from the date of conversion, a three month package will give you three months to use your credits, etc. The commencement date will be the date that you contact us to convert your balance to credits.
- One credit = One training slot. You may book as many back-to-back training slots as you wish once you have the equivalent credits available on your account. You can add credits to your account at any time via the new Platinum Gyms App.
To convert your outstanding membership to credits, you will need to:
- Download the Platinum Gyms App from the App Store or Google Play;
- Select Platinum Gyms Malahide or Balbriggan;
- Enter your personal details;
- Contact the gym via email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you have downloaded the App and wish to have your outstanding balance converted to credits. Please send us your full name, the location you train and your swipe ID ~(6 digit number on back of fob);
- When we can see that you have downloaded the App and following receipt of your email, we will calculate the amount you are due and add the credits to your account.
- You will need to enter credit/debit card details if you wish buy credits thereafter (please note that you will not be automatically recharged and you will need to purchase a credit pack once your credits have been utilised).
- You can then proceed to booking your visit to the gym.
New members should sign up via the Platinum Gyms app:
To join the gym please complete the following steps:
- Download the Platinum Gyms App from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can also register using the Platinum Gyms website.
- Select the location you wish to train in, i.e. Balbriggan or Malahide.
- Enter your personal details and add credit/debit card details.
- Purchase one of the following credit packs and book your training slot(s) via the App:
Number of visits = number of credits
After 1 month
After 2 months
After 3 months
After 4 months
After 6 months
Terms and conditions when buying credits and booking slots:
- If you do not show up for a time slot you booked, then you lose your credit unless you cancel your booking in advance.
- You must arrive and leave on time.
- You can book back-to-back Open Gym slots however you will use credits related to the number of slots you book.
- Credits will be converted back to membership if/when COVID-19 has passed.